Friday, October 18, 2013

And now it's time!

It has been a little while since I last posted. No worries - I'm still here - and alive! It has been busy. In light of some news that my daytime job - our company has been sold - and we are faced with a merger. I have been overly captivated by that - being the President's Executive Assistant. As you can imagine there were many added responsibilities. However - Event Planning is still my main focus. Even more so - as we are looking at possibly not having my day job anymore. We have also recently completed a wonderful conference in Toronto - at the Royal York. My key words here would be: "Be ready for anything!". It was a great turn out! Organization is always key, but an awesome support team is even more important. The Royal York is a beautiful venue and there staff was OK. I have dealt with a much more organized crew for events - however most of them were very pleasant. I spent 5 days there for this conference - and what a great location. My favorite part was the underground city with all the last minute purchases and changes - it was a life saver. Our attendees enjoyed themselves - and what a great turnout. Sponsors were all very happy about being able to participate in this year's event. All in all - a very successful event!

No comments:

Post a Comment